With Week 1 in the rear view mirror, it’s time to look at this week’s top pickups. Comment below to throw out other names or talk about these guys below.
No Brainer: Josh Gordon – Make sure Gordon isn’t sitting on waivers, as there is a chance that he could see the field this season. Read more here.
1. Justin Forsett – Clearly this week’s top pickup, but Pierce could be the main man, too, so don’t blow all your FA cash on Forsett, but don’t miss out on trying to land him either (and make sure Pierce isn’t available for whatever reason).
2. Allen Hurns – Is he for real? Well, we sent out a last-minute Smart Alert on Sunday morning suggesting that he get picked up in very large leagues… we saw talent, this isn’t a guy that just had a huge week 1. He could continue to be a solid WR3 at least.
3. Isaiah Crowell – Tate is a huge question, so Terrance West (be certain he isn’t on waivers) is the next man up and has huge upside, but so does Crowell, proof by his 2TDs in Week 1.
4. Brian Quick – Brian Quick caught seven passes for 99 yards in Week 1. He should be available in large leagues right now believe it or not… he shouldn’t be, but for some reason he is. He is the team’s No. 1 WR.
5. Derek Carr – Derek Carr completed 20-of-32 passes for 151 yards and two touchdowns in Week 1. In dynasty, he isn’t likely available, and shouldn’t be since he was my favorite rookie QB all off-season long… but in redraft, he has fantasy QB2 appeal.
6. Lorenzo Taliaferro – If planning ahead, this could be a guy that eventually starts in BAL. Forsett could be the main man all year, or Pierce could be (make sure he wasn’t dropped), but I like this rookie enough to stash (x10 in dynasty).
7. Bobby Rainey – Martin (leg) is said to be ok, but this is a must-add for Martin owners at least.
8. James Starks – In case Lacy (concussion) can’t play, suffers setbacks, or suffers further injury.
9. Dwayne Allen – Dwayne Allen caught 4-of-5 targets for 64 yards and a touchdown in Week 1. Solid add, but he had a long TD that he most likely won’t see very often.
10. Ahmad Bradshaw – T-Rich didn’t look good, so this is a decent move if looking ahead, although, Bradshaw isn’t a lock to stay healthy by any means.